First Dose of Vaccinations (Update 23/03/21)
To update you all on how the vaccination programme is going, 6163 of our patients have now had their first covid-19 vaccination (either here at the surgery or at a local vacciantion centre).
If you fall into groups 1-6 (see below) but have not yet been given an appointment please contact the surgery so we can get you booked in.
We are now working our way through all of the remaining groups. essentially this includes all patients over 50 years of age and anyone over 16 years of age with one of the clinical conitions listed below.
We are booking clinics once we have had confirmation that we will be receiving the vaccination. If you have not yet heard about your vaccination we will be contacting you as and when we get more vaccinations.
We are also aware that the Government has added a number of individuals to group 6 and you may have had a letter about this. This has occurred as data gathered nationally has identified a number of risk factors for both hospitalisatoin and death from COVID-19. This data has been used to identify patients that should be vaccinated as a priority and as such the government has sent out letters to inform patients about this.
So long as the supply of vaccinations are maintained we will be continuing to work our way down the vaccination groupings.
This priority list is as follows:
- residents in a care home for older adults and care home workers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over-
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality (please see condition list below)
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
We are commited to ensuring that all patients who want to be vaccinated will be but would ask for your patience during this incredibly challenging time.
Please find links below to Information Leaflets on the vaccination and we would ask that you read these in preparation for coming for your vaccination.
Clinical conditions list:
- a blood cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)
- a heart problem
- a chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including bronchitis, emphysema or severe asthma
- a kidney disease
- a liver disease
- lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (such as HIV infection, steroid medication, chemotherapy or radiotherapy)
- rheumatoid arthritis, lupus or psoriasis (who may require long-term immunosuppressive treatments)
- have had an organ transplant
- had a stroke or a transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
- a neurological or muscle wasting condition
- a severe or profound learning disability
- a problem with your spleen, example sickle cell disease, or you have had your spleen removed
- are seriously overweight (BMI of 40 and above)
- are severely mentally ill
Second Dose of Vaccination
We are pleased to finally be able to confirm that we have started second doses of the covid vaccination as of 23rd March.
It has been made very clear to us that we have to follow strict guidance on when we can offer patients their second vaccine.
As a rough rule our first 'Second Dose' vaccination clinic will be on 23rd March 2021 and it is during this clinic that we will be vaccinating those patients given their first vaccination on 8th January 2021. This is approximately a 10.5 week gap between doses. It is likely that we will be calling you in for your second dose at a similar timescale.
We would kindly request that patients do NOT contact the surgery to book in for their second vaccination as we will be contacing patients as delivery of vaccination is confirmed and clinics are added.
If you had your vaccination at a vaccination centre they will be providing your second dose and should be contacting you directly
We understand that it is important that when you have an issue that you can contact us quickly to get this sorted. We also know that trying to call us is often difficult and frustrating. Unfortunately we have a limited number of phone lines, receptionists, clinical staff, and appointments and so we have had to look to new ways to improve your access to us. We are therefore delighted to have started using Engage Consult. Using this system you can set up a secure account and send messages to the surgery. This may be related to a medical problem, a request for a prescription, or for any question you may have. You can be assured that all the information you provide will be kept confidential. By filling out as much information about your problem as possible it will allow staff at the surgery to be able to determine who is best placed to help you out and how quickly this needs to occur. We appreciate that patients will want to have their problems sorted out straight away but we have a limited capacity and so can't guarantee that we will be able to sort your request on the same day. We will endeavour, however, to make sure that we triage all the requests to make sure urgent matters are dealt with quickly and that more routine issues are not waiting unnecessarily long for their issue to be sorted.
Welcome to Churchfields Surgery
The doctors and staff at Churchfields Surgery in Bromsgrove are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
Our reputation as a friendly and accessible practice for patients both young and old has been earned over many years.
Within our partnership we have excellent general practitioners whom also have specialist interests that include: cardiology, diabetes, dermatology, ear, nose and throat medicine, minor surgery, occupational medicine, orthopaedics including injections, palliative care, respiratory problems and women’s health.
Want to avoid phoning in? Skip the phone queue
Click here to find out more!
Get the NHS App
Get the NHS App for Prescriptions etc.
If you download the NHS App then you can register using photo ID and will be rapidly able to order your repeat prescriptions online.
Learn more: NHS App Info.
Register for Online Services
Our practice now offers a wide range of services through our website, register to gain access